Many people after downloading Microsoft office, encounter an office setup error. It means they cannot install ms office successfully on their device. The causes of this error may vary from PC to PC.
The first thing you have to do is check your PC settings. That your PC is compatible with the version of the office you are installing or not. If your PC supports the version of the office then restart it and try to install the office. If this doesn’t work, try the following methods. But these methods are only for MS office supported devices.
Task scheduler method to solve office setup error
- First, go to start on your windows.
- Then type Task scheduler in the search box.
- Now open the task scheduler app.
- After this click on the Task schedule library.
- Now new folder naming Microsoft will appear under it.
- Then click on Microsoft to extend it.
- After this, you will see a folder in the office under it.
- Then select this office folder and click on the right side of your mouse.
- Now various options will appear in front of you.
- Then click on the delete option to erase the office setup error folder.
- Now restart your PC and try to install the office setup again.
Command Prompt method
- Go to start and select command prompt admin.
- Now a window will appear showing two code lines.
- All you have to do is copy and paste the code “msiexec/unregister” from the first line to the second line.
- Then close this window.
- Now to start and open the “Run command”.
- Here a box in front of the name “open” will appear on your screen.
- Then type %temp% in that box and click Ok.
- Now various file folders will appear on your screen.
- Then go to the top bar and click on the “Local” tab.
- Then select the “Temp” folder under the local tab.
- Go to the properties of this folder.
- Now open the “security” tab under the properties.
- Then click on the “Edit” option.
- After this click on the “Add” option.
- Now go to “Advanced” and then go to “Find now”.
- Now you will get various search results.
- Then select all these search results and click on the “Ok” button.
- Click on all “Ok” buttons until all windows close.
- Now restart your PC and install the office setup error.
Program data method
- Go running command and type %programdata% in the box.
- After clicking “Ok”, a list of various folders will appear on your screen.
- From these folders, open the “Microsoft” folder.
- Now you will see many subfolders under it, select the “office” folder from them.
- Click right on your mouse and delete this “office” folder.
- After this whole process is complete, restart your PC and install the Microsoft office setup error.
App data method
- Go to “Run command”.
- Now in the box type %appdata% and click on the “Ok” button.
- After this list of various folders will be displayed.
- From these folders, go to the “Microsoft” folder.
- Then select the “office” folder and delete it.
- This completes the first part of our method.
- After deleting the office folder, go to the Run command again.
- Then type %programdata% and hit enter button.
- Now in the list of folders will appear on your PC.
- From this list find the “Microsoft help” folder.
- Then select this folder and click on the right of your mouse.
- Now you will see the “Rename” option on your screen.
- Click on that option and rename the folder to “Microsoft Help. old”.
- Now restart your PC and try again.
Additional information ABout Office Setup Error
- In case you are already using the old version of Microsoft office, and you want to install the new version.
- Then you must completely uninstall the old version and install it to New one.
- If you tried every method and still are not able to install Microsoft office setup error, go to troubleshoot or you can also visit office.com/setup home student 2019 for more help.